At the beginning of the year, you probably had some marketing goals for your company. Have you met them? We often talk with business leaders who come to us because they have been meaning to improve their company’s marketing game for a while and something has finally spurred action.
But order to be proactive and not reactionary, it’s a good idea to think about things that may be holding you back from meeting your marketing goal. In fact, YOU may even be the thing that’s holding you back!
There are some common reasons we find that people are reluctant to move forward in their marketing plan, or make a new one to follow:
- I need to hire a marketer and can’t afford one right now.
- We need video, but I hate being in front of a camera.
- Our website needs to be better before we start a marketing campaign.
- I don’t want to send anything out until it’s perfect.
- Marketing’s important, but I don’t want to add it to the budget yet.
- I don’t have any extra time to spend on marketing my company!
- It’s too hard to keep up with what’s effective in marketing.
Are you creating reasons to avoid marketing your company? Do you need to have that new computer or employee first?
There will always be plenty of reasons to put off starting something, especially if it’s something you aren’t comfortable or familiar with. Instead of getting caught up in why you aren’t ready to move forward with your company’s marketing plan, test the market. See if something new (like social media marketing or video) would be beneficial in your industry.
If you’d like to talk with someone about how to market your company effectively, we’d be happy to have that conversation with you. And if video is something that’s holding you back, let’s figure out how to make that happen in a way that works for you.